Monday, April 10, 2006

I Saw 'im Out of the Corner of My Eye, and I Smoked 'im

I know . . . it was naughty and totally childish, but I had to do it. I hadn't done it in awhile, and wow it felt goowud (not just good, but goowud).

You see, I was driving home from the subway. There's this great S-curve on-ramp to the highway, and I've occasionally tested my TT by moving through it as fast as I think safe. At the end of the curve is a merge with traffic coming from the other side of the grassy knoll. (Well not exactly a merge because we each get our own lane, as they come out of their U-shaped curve to meet with the end of my S-shaped curve. But I digress.)

I saw 'im out of the corner of my eye, coming around his curve just as I was entering mine. He was moving fast in that little rocket on steroids. I guess he saw me because I heard his engine rev way up. I of course obliged him with a rev of my own, and I smoked 'im. He never caught up with me, becoming just another pair of headlights in the sea of headlights behind me on the highway.

I promise, I won't do it again.

No comments: