Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Heard of Layo and Bushwacka?

I hadn't. But their latest, called Feels Closer, was one the Napster recommendations last night, so I listened. It was really good, especially the first few tracks - very clubdanceable. If you like progressive music, house music, electronic music, jazz, funk, rock, reggae, hip-hop, or....well, the list goes on, you need to check this one out. I'm definitely going to see what else they've done.

Today's the day that Napster releases their new recommendations list. Probably another 50 albums to listen to - yippee! I almost made it through last week's recommendations...almost.

Napster Wins!

Oh, by the way, I received an e-mail from Rhapsody tech support to try and resolve the problems I was having with the player and the files. There were about 10 downloads I had to install. Fuck it - I'm going with Napster. They've been rock solid and I've not had any problems with them AT ALL.

Yeah, I know, the sound files are only 128kbps,* but at least they've been consistently available to me, and that's MUCH more important.

* Interestingly enough, a couple of the albums I downloaded tonight from their weekly Tuesday new music update were 160kbps and 192kbps. So maybe that's a sign...

No comments: