Friday, September 08, 2006

Seen on a bumper sticker

It's 95% of the lawyers making the other 5% look bad.

Thursday, September 07, 2006

But I used to have good eyes, REALLY!

So, you watched movies on a 13" portable TV. Too big.

Then you watched movies on a 7" portable DVD player. Too big.

Then you watched movies on a 4" PMP. Too big.

Then you watched movies on an iPod. Too big.

Not blind enough yet?

Well, now you can watch movies on demand on your 2" cellphone screen. Yep, you can. Really.

Check it out.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Digitally Imported and Groovin'

If you've not been here to see the streaming radio music they provide, you're truly missing out on a good thing. They offer free streaming at lower quality in 3 formats, but for only about $5/month, you can be a premium member, support their great stations, and get streaming music at like 128k and 192k quality!

There are over 30 stations to listen to, and they all work (unlike some other radio portals where a good number of the links don't respond). My favorites are Deep House, Smooth Jazz, Country, Hit 70s, and Classic Electronica.

Even better, they've optimized their webpage for mobile devices so it's extremely easy to select a station. I'm connected most of the time to their stations either with my tablet or my cellphone. (Of course, I'm also connected to XM64--The Groove when I'm not connected to

Definitely recommended as a site to keep your good eye on! Try it out!

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Well this is messed up!

Today, we have a $9.2 trillion budget deficit.

To break down the national debt into comprehensible numbers means that every American carries a “birth tax” of $30,000.....

Some 40% of the deficit is owed to China.

(from OMB)

Sunday, September 03, 2006

West Texas Cowboy - Joke

A West Texas cowboy was herding his cows in a remote pasture when suddenly a

brand-new BMW advanced out of a dust cloud towards him. The driver, a
young man in a Brioni suit, Gucci shoes, Ray Ban sunglasses and YSL
leans out the window and asks the cowboy, "If I tell you exactly how
many cows and calves you have in your herd, will you give me a calf?"

The cowboy looks at the man, obviously a yuppie, then looks at his
peacefully grazing herd and calmly answers, "Sure, Why not?"

The yuppie parks his car, whips out his Dell notebook computer,
connects it to his Cingular RAZR V3 cell phone, and surfs to a NASA
page on the Internet, where he calls up a GPS satellite navigation
system to get an exact fix on his location which he then feeds to
another NASA satellite that scans the area in an ultra-high-resolution photo.

The young man then opens the digital photo in Adobe Photoshop and
exports it to an image processing facility in Hamburg, Germany. Within
seconds, he receives an email on his Palm Pilot that the image has
been processed and the data stored. He then accesses a MS-SQL database
through an ODBC connected Excel spreadsheet with email on his
Blackberry and, after a few minutes, receives a response.

Finally, he prints out a full-color, 150-page report on his hi-tech,
miniaturized HP LaserJet printer and finally turns to the cowboy and
says, "You have exactly 1,586 cows and calves."

"That's right. Well, I guess you can take one of my calves,"
says the cowboy. He watches the young man select one of the animals and
looks on amused as the young man stuffs it into the trunk of his car.

Then the cowboy says to the young man, "Hey, if I can tell you exactly
what your business is, will you give me back my calf?"

The young man thinks about it for a second and then says,
"Okay, why not?"

You're a Congressman for the U.S. Government", says the cowboy.

"Wow! That's correct," says the yuppie, "but how did you guess that?"

"No guessing required." answered the cowboy. "You showed up here even
though nobody called you; you want to get paid for an answer I already
knew, to a question I never asked. You tried to show me how much
smarter than me you are; and you don't know a thing
about cows........

Now give me back my dog."

Friday, September 01, 2006

Suing over iPods? 14 year olds!?

So I don't know whether to file this under stupidity or lack of personal responsibility or poor parenting. Maybe I should file it under all three!

Seems an iPod was loaned, the iPod was returned, but the unsupervised iPod was stolen, and now we get to see the whole thing play out in court. Too sad (if it weren't sooo funny).....